2018-19 Team Lists
FINAL EVALUATION SCHEDULE
PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK TIMES AS CHANGES HAVE BEEN MADE DUE TO FINAL REGISTRATION NUMBERS
SUNDAY OCTOBER 21ST SUNNINGDALE SCHOOL
RUGRATS (GR 2-3) 10:00AM – 10:30AM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH A - L
10:30AM – 11:00AM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH M - Z
BANTAMS (GR 4-5) 11:00AM – 11:30AM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH A – I
11:30AM – 12:00PM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH J – Z
JR GIRLS (GR 6-8) 12:00PM – 12:30PM ALL PLAYERS
JR BOYS (GR 6-8) 12:30PM – 1:00PM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH A – G
1:00PM – 1:30PM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH H – M
1:30PM – 2:00PM LAST NAMES BEGINNING WITH N – Z
• ALL PLAYERS SHOULD ARRIVE AT MINIMUM 20 MINUTES PRIOR TO THEIR START TIME IN ORDER TO REGISTER, RECEIVE THEIR BALL AND TO PICK THEIR JERSEY SIZE FOR THE SEASON
• IF YOU ARRIVE MORE THAN 30 MINUTES PRIOR, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE GROUP BEFORE YOU TO ENTER THE GYM BEFORE APPROACHING THE REGISTRATION TABLE. IT WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE FOR US TO REGISTER MORE THAN ONE GROUP AT A TIME
• IF PAYMENT HAS NOT YET BEEN RECEIVED, PLEASE ENSURE IT IS BROUGHT TO EVALUATIONS OR YOUR CHILD WILL NOT BE PLACED ON A TEAM
• BALLS WILL HAVE THE PLAYER NAME WRITTEN ON THEM DURING REGISTRATION AND ARE NOT TO BE BOUNCED IN THE HALLWAYS. PLEASE ENSURE YOUR PLAYER TAKES THEIR BALL WHEN THEY LEAVE. MJMBA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST BALLS THROUGHOUT THE SEASON
• TEAM LISTS WILL BE POSTED TO THE FACEBOOK PAGE AND TO THE WEBSITE MID WEEK, AND PRACTICES WILL BEGIN THE FOLLOWING MONDAY (OCT 29TH)
MJMBA is pleased to announce our new 3 on 3 league for high school aged players. Program will run for 5 weeks, from November 18th to December 16th on Sundays from 6-9 pm at Central Collegiate. Cost will be $99. Register today!!
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!!
Due to PSSD’s new facility rental policies implemented for 2018-19, MJMBA fees will have to be raised to $210 per player. This $50 increase is needed to cover the practice gym rental fees as well as per player costs that we were never subject to in the past. MJMBA has looked at all other possibilities and facilities but were left with no other option.
We apologize for this increase and hope that it does not affect your player’s ability to hit the courts. If you require financial assistance, please contact both Jumpstart or our local Kidsport for funding.
Another change to the 2018 registration system is that offline payments (cheques and cash) are no longer accepted. We have now added an option for e-transfer, and once that is completed, your player registration will be finalized. Payment will be required to be paid in full prior to player evaluations. We will also require proof of funding applications prior to evaluations.
Regarding the SENIOR PROGRAM (Gr 9-12), the MJMBA Board of Directors is still looking at all available options. We were saddened to lose Adam from Doggpound, but wish him the best of luck with his new venture in Calgary.
We are still working to finalize a program for these players and will be posting info as soon as possible to Facebook and to the website.
The tentative season calendar has player evaluations set for the weekend of Oct 20th, with practices beginning the week of Oct 29th. Games will begin Nov 4th - Dec 15th, resume Jan 5th and will wind up on Feb 2nd weekend. At this point we are unable to give any more information regarding game days / times.
Please continue to watch for more information. MJMBA will continue to post any and all basketball opportunities open to our registrants on the Facebook page.